What's new

Iphone TO itunes sync

CampNLady

Reaction score
I want to get my existing ringtone FROM my iphone to itunes on my new computer. The ringtones on my itunes often say, "can't locate". I don't want to sync my itunes TO my phone because it says my tones on my phone will be lost. Help

You can always copy them from your phone to your computer using ifunbox or a similar tool. Ifunbox is free. Google it. Navigate to /user/media/iTunes_control/ringtones. This folder contains all your custom ringtones. After you copy the tones to pc, just drag them into iTunes.

You can always copy them from your phone to your computer using ifunbox or a similar tool. Ifunbox is free. Google it. Navigate to /user/media/iTunes_control/ringtones. This folder contains all your custom ringtones. After you copy the tones to pc, just drag them into iTunes.
Just to clarify for the OP.... does the use of iFunbox require being Jailbroken?

cherlloydfan1 said:

To gain access to the file systems I am 90% sure you need a jailbreak. You can still use ifunbox to browse apps and pictures etc but the system files aren't accessible without a jailbreak. I didn't even think to ask :p

To gain access to the file systems I am 90% sure you need a jailbreak. You can still use ifunbox to browse apps and pictures etc but the system files aren't accessible without a jailbreak. I didn't even think to ask :p
That's what I was thinking. Doesn't the iDevice need to be JB w/ some type of SSH to view the /user/media/iTunes_control/ringtones or any leg of the file system?

SSH is not necessary for ifunbox. I have used it on phones without ssh. I think if it as an ssh alternative.