What's new

iPhone Sync n Backup failing

navjon

Reaction score
Off late, i have been having issues with synch n backup (the first process that takes place when the phone is connected to the PC and when itunes is opened).

In spite of successful synch n backup, my itunes detects my phone as a new phone and goes for "setting up as a new phone" or restoring the phone to a previous synched backup.

Upon restoration, i get the failed message stating " itunes could not restore as the backup session had failed.

Till date, i have never got any failed sessions after the synch and backup which itunes does with my phone on connecting. Then why does this message come.

Secondly, why does my phone get randomly detected as a new phone and it goes for the session of setting up like a new phone.

have attached a screenshot of the error that pops up on restoration.

Does anybody face the same issue? or something similar.

i have tried resetting the phone to the factory defaults many times from the phone, to bypass this issue, but all has been in vain.

Attachments

• $1.jpg
    $1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 303
off late i am so uncertain to connect the phone to itunes because of the unpredicted error that follows in sync n backup.

i read somebody talk about deleting certain lines from some file in system32. what situation does it actually benefit?

for the past 3 updates, i have been downloading the ipsw files and completing the process. i have tried to do updates through itunes, but during the the download process, it gets failed. is there any solution to this?

Awaiting the experts voice :)