What's new

iPhone storage problem!

Harshmakadia

Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm using 16Gb iPhone 5s I'm facing storage problem on my phone.when I count the number of gb's used under the "usage" option
its not even 5GB.but it shows me available storage is 0 bytes!
How do I fix this issue on my iPhone!

Under "Usage", there's Storage and iCloud.
If the iCloud storage available is 0 GB, you can upgrade to 20, 200 or 500 GB, or 1 TB. If you don't want to purchase iCloud storage, either remove photos from your iCloud Photo Library (if you use it), or go through the backup options in iCloud and disable what doesn't need to be backed up.

If your storage on the iPhone is 0 GB, connect it to iTunes on your computer. When your device shows up there, you'll find a bar with colours at the bottom. It will show you what takes up your storage. If "Other" (orange colour) takes a lot of your storage space, restore your device using iTunes.

Hope that helps.

Under "Usage", there's Storage and iCloud.
If the iCloud storage available is 0 GB, you can upgrade to 20, 200 or 500 GB, or 1 TB. If you don't want to purchase iCloud storage, either remove photos from your iCloud Photo Library (if you use it), or go through the backup options in iCloud and disable what doesn't need to be backed up.

If your storage on the iPhone is 0 GB, connect it to iTunes on your computer. When your device shows up there, you'll find a bar with colours at the bottom. It will show you what takes up your storage. If "Other" (orange colour) takes a lot of your storage space, restore your device using iTunes.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info buddy!

You can also use cloud based apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive to store photos and videos. And Google now has Google Photos with free unlimited storage.

You may also have another issue. If you can only account for 5GBS it may be time to delete old texts, esp. those with photos on them, and sync your iPhone. That may help clear out a lot of what you can't account for that is tying up your phone.