What's new

Iphone software update issue

8balluk

Reaction score
Hi everyone

New to this forum

Hope I've posted in correct place

Never had this problem before but I've just downloaded twice the new iPhone software. Once downloaded is it supposed to update my phone automatically? Never remember doing anything different before.

Reason I downloaded twice is because I downloaded first and came out if the download page on iTunes and couldn't find the downloaded software. So had to redownload it. Doesn't it get saved anywhere?

Hi everyone

New to this forum

Hope I've posted in correct place

Never had this problem before but I've just downloaded twice the new iPhone software. Once downloaded is it supposed to update my phone automatically? Never remember doing anything different before.

Reason I downloaded twice is because I downloaded first and came out if the download page on iTunes and couldn't find the downloaded software. So had to redownload it. Doesn't it get saved anywhere?

If you are talking about the iOSfirmware it's save at this location in your computer:
On windows, enable hidden files to be showed first, then navigate to this location C: user > username(your comp user name) > appData > Roaming > apple computer > iTunes > iPhone Softwarw Updates.

On a Mac computer navigate to this location: Home Folder/Library/Application Support/iTunes/iPod Firmware

To restore or upgrade your phone using that just downloaded iOS firmware you just need to click restore or upgrade in iTunes while having your iPhone connected to your computer.

I've nothing in the location stated

I've nothing in the location stated

Where did you install your iTunes? If you've installed it on a different hard drive other than the default one, then look in that location, if you do see the iTunes folders in the said location but the update isn't there, then it means that you didn't successfully download the firmware.