What's new

iPhone SE

I'm a big fan of the OtterBox Commuter case. It adds a lot of protection and very little added bulk.

Spigen (if you must) otherwise, try going caseless.

I have been quite pleased with the OtterBox Commuter case. However, I was just given an OtterBox Defender case. Besides it’s bit of extra bulk, does it offer significantly better protection? Has anyone used the two different cases? If so, what is your opinion on the two of them?

Thanks

I have been quite pleased with the OtterBox Commuter case. However, I was just given an OtterBox Defender case. Besides it’s bit of extra bulk, does it offer significantly better protection? Has anyone used the two different cases? If so, what is your opinion on the two of them?

Thanks

Yes, the Defender offers much more protection. About a year and a half ago, I had my phone mounted on my motorcycle. At about 60mph, it flew out, hit my shoulder, which sent the phone straight up into the hair, at least 20 feet. I turn my head around to watch my phone come crashing to the ground in slow motion, then get run over by a Honda Accord. Sheeeeeeeet. I pull over. Run back to get my phone, expecting the worst. Phone still works. Not a single scratch on it, not a single crack on the screen. Phone is a little bent now and looks like the letter C, but otherwise it's flawless. I still use same phone, and same exact case today, an Otterbox Defender. Not another case like it, same case that got ran over.

Yes, the Defender offers much more protection. About a year and a half ago, I had my phone mounted on my motorcycle. At about 60mph, it flew out, hit my shoulder, which sent the phone straight up into the hair, at least 20 feet. I turn my head around to watch my phone come crashing to the ground in slow motion, then get run over by a Honda Accord. Sheeeeeeeet. I pull over. Run back to get my phone, expecting the worst. Phone still works. Not a single scratch on it, not a single crack on the screen. Phone is a little bent now and looks like the letter C, but otherwise it's flawless. I still use same phone, and same exact case today, an Otterbox Defender. Not another case like it, same case that got ran over.
OtterBox could have used that in one of their ads.

Good to hear that. What model of phone is it? At first, the Defender felt a bit big and awkward to me. After about 15 minutes of use, it feels great now.

Thanks

Good to hear that. What model of phone is it? At first, the Defender felt a bit big and awkward to me. After about 15 minutes of use, it feels great now.

Thanks

I have the 7+, but I've had the Defender case on all my iPhones starting with the iPhone 4. My phones look brand new when I trade them in 2 years later for a new model.

I have the 7+, but I've had the Defender case on all my iPhones starting with the iPhone 4. My phones look brand new when I trade them in 2 years later for a new model.

Good to hear. . I have been using the OtterBox Commuter, exclusively. I think I will just leave the pink Defender on the phone.

Thanks.

I am glad you are ok and didn't have any issues, turning around at 60 on a motorcycle for long enough to watch your phone take its first flying lesson is a very scary thought, especially with a car as close as the Accord seems to have been.

I agree, any iPhone I've had in a Defender case survived quite a few of my, ahem, mishandlings in great shape.

I am glad you are ok and didn't have any issues, turning around at 60 on a motorcycle for long enough to watch your phone take its first flying lesson is a very scary thought, especially with a car as close as the Accord seems to have been.

I agree, any iPhone I've had in a Defender case survived quite a few of my, ahem, mishandlings in great shape.

Haha thanks. Not as bad as it sounds though. The road from my house to work is a country road, one lane each way, and dead arrows straight, and there were no side streets anywhere near where we were. I take the country road from my house to work, next town over when I ride. I like the solitude and trees. Anyways, I was first in line with 2 cars behind me, and absolutely no one in front of me for miles. I could of closed my eyes and took a nap if I knew I could keep going straight while asleep.

DD07F052-4E38-42FF-9345-7497CCEC0CC2.jpeg
E9695B7C-2CBF-496D-A993-5E3A3151C213.jpeg
Ok. Have my SE in a new Defender.