What's new

iphone SE 2020 - How to Flash led repeatedly when battery low

coopern

Reaction score
There are many references to flashing the iphone led when the battery is low, but none of them are actually any help or they do not actually work. The scenario is that the phone is lying around unused, perhaps on a table overnight, with the battery power at say 22%, and when the power level drops below say 20% I want the led to start flashing occasionally to remind me to charge the phone. A simple requirement.

Using the native iphone SE 2020 settings (ios 15.7) is there a way to REPEATEDLY flash the led when the battery level drops below a set percentage, say 20%, maybe flash the led once a minute? Ideally I would like the normal led notifications (eg for ringing, sms etc) to be off as I don't want the led to flash at any other time, only when the battery power is low.

If the native settings cannot achieve this is there a 100% reliable app, preferably free of course, that will do the above for me?

Thanks.

Ed.

Forgot to say keep led flashing until phone is connected to a charger or battery level rises above the setting, say 20%.

Thanks

I am not aware of any and would think Apple would not have this as a part of their settings as it would just cause the drain to be accelerated. They even have a Low Battery toggle which would reduce background activity until you can charge your iphone.

I am not aware of any and would think Apple would not have this as a part of their settings as it would just cause the drain to be accelerated. They even have a Low Battery toggle which would reduce background activity until you can charge your iphone.

Here's what Low Power Mode does.

Disables Itself After Charging to 80%
Disables 5G (Mostly)
Disables 5G Standalone
Shows Battery Percentage in the Status Bar ( Does that anyway now)
Disables Always-on Mode
Reduces Screen Brightness (too much)
Reduces Auto-Lock's Timeout (30 seconds is not enough)
Reduces Refresh Rate
Disables Perspective Zoom (gone in iOS 16)
Disables Animated Wallpapers
Disables Email Fetch
Pauses iCloud Photos Sync
Reduces Background App Refresh
Disables Automatic Downloads
Disables Video Autoplay
Limits MagSafe Battery Pack Charging
Reduces CPU and GPU Performance
Pauses Discretionary and Background Activities

Here's what Low Power Mode does.

Disables Itself After Charging to 80%
Disables 5G (Mostly)
Disables 5G Standalone
Shows Battery Percentage in the Status Bar ( Does that anyway now)
Disables Always-on Mode
Reduces Screen Brightness (too much)
Reduces Auto-Lock's Timeout (30 seconds is not enough)
Reduces Refresh Rate
Disables Perspective Zoom (gone in iOS 16)
Disables Animated Wallpapers
Disables Email Fetch
Pauses iCloud Photos Sync
Reduces Background App Refresh
Disables Automatic Downloads
Disables Video Autoplay
Limits MagSafe Battery Pack Charging
Reduces CPU and GPU Performance
Pauses Discretionary and Background Activities
Thanks. I knew the way Apple was configuring things that it would be the opposite of using up battery power to continu notify you of a low battery. And even the flashing LED notification is only a few flashes. I knw if nothing that dies what the OP would like.

There are many references to flashing the iphone led when the battery is low, but none of them are actually any help or they do not actually work. The scenario is that the phone is lying around unused, perhaps on a table overnight, with the battery power at say 22%, and when the power level drops below say 20% I want the led to start flashing occasionally to remind me to charge the phone. A simple requirement.

Using the native iphone SE 2020 settings (ios 15.7) is there a way to REPEATEDLY flash the led when the battery level drops below a set percentage, say 20%, maybe flash the led once a minute? Ideally I would like the normal led notifications (eg for ringing, sms etc) to be off as I don't want the led to flash at any other time, only when the battery power is low.

If the native settings cannot achieve this is there a 100% reliable app, preferably free of course, that will do the above for me?

Thanks.

Ed.

You might want to make your phone vibrate instead, and create an automation like this
IMG_8097.jpg

in the Shortcuts app.