What's new

IPhone passcode reset

JDugas

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i bought an Iphone5 off Ebay only to find out that now that i have received it there is a passcode! ihave emailed the seller for the passcode but have gotten no response. is there a way to reset the whole iphone without having the passcode and without connecting to the original itunes that it was once connected to???

Hey everyone, i bought an Iphone5 off Ebay only to find out that now that i have received it there is a passcode! ihave emailed the seller for the passcode but have gotten no response. is there a way to reset the whole iphone without having the passcode and without connecting to the original itunes that it was once connected to???

You can connect the iPhone to iTunes on your computer and chose to erase all content and settings, returning the iPhone to factory condition. There is also the possibility that the phone is locked to a carrier you don't have access to.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

im with rogers and the Iphone's provider is also Rogers! ive tried plugging it into my computer but my itunes wont recognize the phone

There's also the possibility that it was a stolen phone. Did you verify the IMEI number with your carrier before purchase?

Beamed from the Nexus Galaxy.

No i didint :S im a rookie at this i just got excited and bought the phone! im just trying to get into the phone to start with but cant seem to be able too