What's new

iPhone moisture sensor

See, now I'm confused because the article says that Apple has admitted that the sensor could change colour due to high humidity. I've just checked mine and it's fine but with more rain coming, it could still affect the sensor. At least I know that if it does, I can dispute it due to the weather conditions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See, now I'm confused because the article says that Apple has admitted that the sensor could change colour due to high humidity. I've just checked mine and it's fine but with more rain coming, it could still affect the sensor. At least I know that if it does, I can dispute it due to the weather conditions.

This would only happen if the relative humidity (the amount of moisture in the air relative to saturation at that temperature) would become so high that it would effect the temperature of the dew-point (temperature to create rain) effecting the dew-point so that the R/H would hold more moisture. If this happens then yes it could effect your phone. Likelihood of this happening. Very unlikely.

iHolophyte

Ok, I'm not sure I understand but that's ok. I'll try to stop worrying about it and just hope it doesn't affect my phone in any way! Lol

Ok, I'm not sure I understand but that's ok. I'll try to stop worrying about it and just hope it doesn't affect my phone in any way! Lol

In layman terms. It won't. Now stop worrying, and enjoy the day. 😁

iHolophyte

Hi, the topic about moisture sensor is a lot interesting... Now, I have made another test with my iPhone. Please, see the video below... The consequences about the test were the silence of the other people when I was in a call. The other one could listen to me, but I could not. But, I have found the problem: when I cut the pie, pieces of pie have entered the earphone hole, thus, iPhone have "thought" that the earphone was connected and I could not listen to !! I solved that cleaning with a toothpick and napkin! Maybe, the moisture sensor was affected, because of the humidity of the pie...
See ya!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piG...xt=C3886106UDOEgsToPDskI9-br0HcOaMUYOPPIMOLb3

How on earth did you manage to get pie into the ear mould? American pie springs to mind here (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte