What's new

Iphone disconnect while talking

Why my IPhone 4S disconnect while I'm talking....

Um......dropped call. You really need to be more specific.lol. Does it happen all the time....or did it just happen once?

Check to see if you have something covering the proximity sensor. It's the slit right above the ear mic. You might not realize your phone display is still on as you bring it to your ear and if it touches, you might be "ending" the call that way.

xrayeyes said:
Check to see if you have something covering the proximity sensor. It's the slit right above the ear mic. You might not realize your phone display is still on as you bring it to your ear and if it touches, you might be "ending" the call that way.

Thanks xrayeyes,any ways to avoid doing so?

Thanks xrayeyes,any ways to avoid doing so?

If you have a screen cover, that is the most likely culprit.

If you don't have anything covering the sensor (and you are sure that's what's going on), you need to take your phone back to Apple to see if they can fix it or get you a new phone. If you can't tell if it's working or not, have someone watch as you're on the phone...the phone display should not be on while it's up to your head.

If you have a screen cover, that is the most likely culprit.

If you don't have anything covering the sensor (and you are sure that's what's going on), you need to take your phone back to Apple to see if they can fix it or get you a new phone. If you can't tell if it's working or not, have someone watch as you're on the phone...the phone display should not be on while it's up to your head.

I think you can do that by just making a call and put your finger near the sensor, it should cut off the display.

Have a great day,
HiddenPuppy