What's new

Iphone data transfer

Hassle100

Reaction score
I have just bought an Iphone 5s. Is it possible to transfer data from my Iphone 4s? Thank you.

Download iTunes to your computer. Back up your 4s and then restore your 5s to the back up. Works like a charm!

Thank you xrayeyes. I appreciate your help.

Download iTunes to your computer. Back up your 4s and then restore your 5s to the back up. Works like a charm!

Did the same here, and worked perfectly. Some usernames and passwords in most apps will need to be inputed again. Other than that, it worked perfectly.

Will it erase my messages on 5s then restoring from 4s backup?

Yes. All data currently on your device will be wiped and will be replaced with your 4S data. You can attempt to inject the new texts currently on the 5S into the 4S backup before restoring the 5S with the 4S' backup using certain backup utilities.

Yes. All data currently on your device will be wiped and will be replaced with your 4S data. You can attempt to inject the new texts currently on the 5S into the 4S backup before restoring the 5S with the 4S' backup using certain backup utilities.

Thank you. I finally downloaded Backuptrans to merged my messages. It is a paid program but works.