What's new

iphone camera problem

Gazza50

Reaction score
Since finally downloading ios8 on my iphone 4 the camera wont work. Is there something in settings I am missing?

Do you have the iPhone 4S? iOS 8 is not available for the iPhone 4.

Does the camera icon show on the home screen? If not, go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Camera and make sure the switch is turned on. If that doesn't work, try restarting the phone. Press and hold both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the phone to restart.

Let us know if either procedure works or not.

Does the camera icon show on the home screen? If not, go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Camera and make sure the switch is turned on. If that doesn't work, try restarting the phone. Press and hold both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the phone to restart.

Let us know if either procedure works or not.

No this didn't work. The camera screen appears with all the icons but the screen remains black.

Do you have the same problem with both cameras, front and rear?

There's also the possibility that your iPhone may have a hardware problem. Have you considered having it checked out at an Apple Store Genius Bar?

Do you have the same problem with both cameras, front and rear?

There's also the possibility that your iPhone may have a hardware problem. Have you considered having it checked out at an Apple Store Genius Bar?

Yes it is the same for both. Next step, the Apple Store. Thank you for your assistance.

Yes it is the same for both. Next step, the Apple Store. Thank you for your assistance.
Have you tried a 3rd party Camera app? They use the same basic camera, but I'm curious if it makes a difference.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.