What's new

iPhone camera shutter stuck

tortelliniguy

Reaction score
front camera works perfect. back camera always freezes on the shutter. won't open. tried downloading camera apps. not working. bought a new camera replacement and still the same problem.

Have you tried to restore via iTunes? If you've already changed the hardware... then it's obviously a software issue.

I have already tried a full restore. No luck. Is there a plist I need to edit
Or something?

does anyone know how to fix this?! please help...

i tried both already. the back camera still won't open. the front camera works fine though.

I have the same issue with my front camera though. camera on the back of the phone works fine where as the facetime camera does not want to open. It only stays on the shutter animation. Anybody find a fix for this?

I have the same issue with my front camera though. camera on the back of the phone works fine where as the facetime camera does not want to open. It only stays on the shutter animation. Anybody find a fix for this?

My issue was the motherboard. I ended up buying a whole new iPhone entirely. I read online that theres something that can be soldered but I don't have enough expertise for that. I recommend bringing to apple and seeing what they say.