What's new

Iphone built in keyboard

iHolophyte

Reaction score
What does everyone think to the touch screen keyboard? Me personally it sucks! With all the phones I've had this is the one I have mist.... (See typed most and my big thumb typed mist lol) typos with. Especially typing FOR. Every time it comes up as FIR...with old plastic keypads were better but I do know it would look silly on an iPhone lol.

You'll get use to it. I have big thumbs as well and I can type quick with minor errors

I like it. I tried a BlackBerry and thought the keyboard was terrible. When I first got my iPhone I couldn't hit the keys either, but after a short while I figured out that my finger actually touched to the right of the spot that I thought I was touching. I made a slight adjustment and in a couple of days I stopped thinking about the keyboard. These devices have a way of retraining us to their way of doing things. :) I have to admit though that I don't use two thumbs like a lot of people do. I just use my index finger on my right hand. Pretty good though.

DaveM said:
I like it. I tried a BlackBerry and thought the keyboard was terrible. When I first got my iPhone I couldn't hit the keys either, but after a short while I figured out that my finger actually touched to the right of the spot that I thought I was touching. I made a slight adjustment and in a couple of days I stopped thinking about the keyboard. These devices have a way of retraining us to their way of doing things. :) I have to admit though that I don't use two thumbs like a lot of people do. I just use my index finger on my right hand. Pretty good though.

Said moved to appropriate forum. Oops I didn't realise 

Anyways I don't use 2 hands or my index finder I use my right thumb. I suppose I'm still in a way of thinking old Nokia ways ha ha. I have learnt though by being on here if you double tap the space bar it makes a full stop. That's pretty cool. I suppose one day I'll get use to it, after all when we all first started texting it would take 3 data to type a few lines now we can do that in seconds. All comes with practice I reckon!

Days* not data..... See my point LOL

Yeah, that's sure true. I've learned that I've got to either watch closely as I type or else make sure that I go back and read what I've wrote before I send. If that "feature" still bothers you after a while you can always turn it off in Settings.