What's new

IPhone br5 Phone Rings Randomly Without Call

redraider68

Reaction score
The telephone ringtone for my IPhone 5 suddenly started ringing (usually 2 rings) without a call. Nothing pops up and there is no record of a call. I reset the phone twice to no avail and changed ring tones several times. But whatever ringtone I set it uses the "Old Phone" classic tone. Only solution has been to turn off the ringer and let it vibrate. Do not want to do a reset to factory defaults if it can be avoided. My carrier is ATT. Any help would be much appreciated.

Still ringing--just out of the blue two rings. Driving me crazy.

Check your settings -> sound to see if some other setting is using that same ringtone

I'm wondering if you have a notification set that you are not aware of settings -> notification center

I thought of that but not sure what I should be looking for in Notification Center.

Start by going to an app page and swipe down look at the all and missed columns maybe that will show a repeating notification if too many just clear them all out and wait, but frankly after this you need to see a genius bar

Well it appears "Old Phone" is the tone for email. Changed it to vibrate and hopefully this will work. Thanks for the help.

yes, the problem is notifications for multiple email accounts ..