What's new

iphone backup from pc to cloud

cmarch82

Reaction score
Is it possible to take a backup i have on my pc and load it onto the cloud? I have tried but I'm not having any luck. Ive tried to load it in Itunes as well with no luck. Can anyone help me out?

Welcome to iPhoneForums, cmarch82!

It's possible to backup to iTunes, as well as to iCloud. There's no way to import an iTunes backup to iCloud, though.
You can't access a backup to see what it contains, if that's what you're trying to do.

Is there a certain reason why you need your iTunes backup in iCloud?

i was trying to get contacts and pics from an old backup i had on my pc to iCloud and wasn't sure how to do it if possible

As stated before:
It's not possible, sorry!

Last edited:
If you want to get at those contacts and pictures, you'll have to install the backup on your iPhone. Once they're on your iPhone, you can transfer them wherever you want. Since the backup is old, your phone will have none of your recent data on it. To preserve the current state of the iPhone, back it up just before restoring it and setting it up with the old backup. After your contacts and pictures have been transferred off your phone, you can now restore the phone again and set it up from the backup you just made before starting this process.