What's new

iPhone 7 or8

oldguy67

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Hope all is well. Been a while since I was here, just been busy with life. Still using iPhone 6 and wondering if a which would be the better upgrade, a 7 or 8? Thanks. Will try and stick around here this time.

The 11 is out. Don’t waste your money on a 7 or 8 at this point.

I think you should get the best one you can afford, the newer the better as you will get more milage out of it.

Not real sure, depends on the deal that comes up. Not really digging the whole Face ID on the newer ones, plus I like having the home button.

The iPhone 7 in my opinion is tougher than the iPhone 8 because of the glass back, and the iPhone 7 has a aluminium back, but with the iPhone 8 you can do wireless charging, but if you don’t mind using a cable to charge your iPhone I’d go for the iPhone 7

Yes I know this is a old post but at this point the 8 is probably better than the 7 but now the iPhone 12 is coming out. as long as you are better than a 6 or 6s you will get IOS14 for sure.

Yes I know this is a old post but at this point the 8 is probably better than the 7 but now the iPhone 12 is coming out. as long as you are better than a 6 or 6s you will get IOS14 for sure.

The iPhone 6S will run IOS 14.

hmm that is weird. What makes 6S so special? my normal 6 can't even get IOS 13.

hmm that is weird. What makes 6S so special? my normal 6 can't even get IOS 13.
The 6S is one generation newer than your 6, which is why it can be updated to iOS 14. It’s the oldest iPhone that can be updated to iOS 14. It won’t however get a lot of the newer features that require hardware that the 6S does not have.

Hmm that’s interesting. I thought the 6s and the 6 were just about the same thing. The only difference being that the S was a little bit bigger in size. My Parents have a 6S.