What's new

iphone 7 online language error

violetta72

Reaction score
I just bought a new iPhone and it located me in Mexico and now my online language is in Spanish which I do not speak well enough. Also they did the same thing on their support web page.

Many people from USA and Canada live in beautiful Mexico. The doctors are better and my relative is in a nursing home where there is no abuse and the cost is reasonable.

But I need to know how to fix this. Apple is supposed to consist of intelligent people. So learn something from this please. Don't assume. Let users control these things.

One of the first things you have to do when setting up a new iPhone or iPad is to choose your language. If necessary this can be changed under Settings General. Are you perhaps near the Mexican border?

That is the first thing I did but still online everything is in Spanish and voice mail as well.

I will do that, thank you.
Just want to add that this is not my first phone and I did not have this problem before and always had Telcel..
It is only when iphone7 automatically located me that Spanish began

I will do that, thank you.
Just want to add that this is not my first phone and I did not have this problem before and always had Telcel..
It is only when iphone7 automatically located me that Spanish began
Then you need to follow the process JA told you in post #3 completely, all steps. Also, maybe removing the Spanish keyboard from the iPhone would help but that is just a guess. And check out your location based setting under Privacy.

Then you need to follow the process JA told you in post #3 completely, all steps. Also, maybe removing the Spanish keyboard from the iPhone would help but that is just a guess. And check out your location based setting under Privacy.

I will remove my spanish keyboard and see if it makes a difference. I haven't used it yet ... only the English one. I have friends who speak only Spanish and need it to text them. Thanks for your suggestions.

I want to close this thread and don't know how. I won't be watching it anymore.

We generally leave threads like this visible so that others with similar problems can see what worked and what didn't in solving a particular problem.