What's new

Iphone 6s

fixtrop

Reaction score
Hi.
Does anyone know which component fails ,as the cause of the recall.Is it on the logic board?

Are you referring to the problem in which the touchscreen becomes unresponsive? That problem is caused by the touch ic chip connection to the logic board failing.

Hi Scifan57.
No that's not the fault.There is still a recall on Iphone 6s to get a free repair because the phone goes completely dead due to "a component failure". Apple won't say what the component is ,but I was wondering if someone on the forum had worked out or had knowledge of which component it was.My phone falls in the right category but I don't have proof of purchase to get the repair.If the fault is on the logic board or elsewhere I can get the appropriate part to fix myself.

The program in question offers free repair of the problem for 2 years after purchase. Are you beyond this limit? Apple knows when your iPhone was first sold at retail so they shouldn’t need the original receipt. If the component that fails is a custom Apple chip you likely won’t be able to obtain it on the open market.

Hi Scifan57.
Thanks for your reply .I will try Apple ,but I think from talking to then that in Australia they require proof of purchase.If the fault is on the logic board it's no problem to swap out,But I need to know where the problem lies.I would strongly suspect the board ,but don't want to purchase a board and find that's not the cause.Apple are reluctant to say where the problem is-as usual.,their products are sacrosanct.Cheers.

Hmm This is interesting. I did not know about a recall. My Dad and Stepmom have a 6s. I have a normal 6 But now I am using a iPhone 8.