What's new

iphone 6s syncing calendar with icloud permanently

juniorhashim

Reaction score
i have set up my calendar in my iphone 6s under the icloud account but the entries are not syncing -
i assume that whenever i make an entry with either icloud or iphone as the default calendar, that the entry will appear in both

Calendar entries will appear in the account you're using for an event. When you set up an event in iCloud, it can be synced to other devices. If you wish to get events synced via iCloud, make it your default calendar, and make sure Calendar is enabled in Settings - iCloud, on all devices that should have the event in the Calendar app.

What's the iPhone calendar you've mentioned?

Calendar entries will appear in the account you're using for an event. When you set up an event in iCloud, it can be synced to other devices. If you wish to get events synced via iCloud, make it your default calendar, and make sure Calendar is enabled in Settings - iCloud, on all devices that should have the event in the Calendar app.

What's the iPhone calendar you've mentioned?

the calendar i have installed on my iphone 6s is the "calendar app" from "app store"

i have made a unique entry "iphone" in the iphone 6s calendar and a unique entry "icloud in the icloud calendar which is set as the default calendar.

when i select calendar i see "iphone" only.
when i select icloud i see "icloud" only
when i select "all icloud", i see both "iphone" and "icloud" as separate entries.

if it is syncing, should i not see both "iphone" and "icloud" whether i select calendar, icloud or all icloud?

Sorry, I don't know the app you're using, and I couldn't find it.

I was talking about the built in Calendar app that comes with your iPhone.

In general:
When you create an event for one account, it will sync through that account, and not another one. An event set up in iCloud, will sync via iCloud, and appear in iCloud, and nowhere else. It will sync to other devices with the same iCloud calendar, not to a different calendar.
What you see depends on which calendar you chose. If the app is set up to show the iCloud calendar, it will show iCloud calendar events. If it's set up to show a different calendar, but not iCloud, the iCloud calendar will not be visible. Usually, you should be able to see all of your calendars at the same time.

iCloud as default calendar means when you create an event, it will be set up for iCloud automatically.

Sorry, I don't know the app you're using, and I couldn't find it.

I was talking about the built in Calendar app that comes with your iPhone.

In general:
When you create an event for one account, it will sync through that account, and not another one. An event set up in iCloud, will sync via iCloud, and appear in iCloud, and nowhere else. It will sync to other devices with the same iCloud calendar, not to a different calendar.
What you see depends on which calendar you chose. If the app is set up to show the iCloud calendar, it will show iCloud calendar events. If it's set up to show a different calendar, but not iCloud, the iCloud calendar will not be visible. Usually, you should be able to see all of your calendars at the same time.

iCloud as default calendar means when you create an event, it will be set up for iCloud automatically.

many thanks - i did delete the one that came with the phone - and then reinstalled "calendar app" from the "app Store".
i will continue to try.

many thanks - i did delete the one that came with the phone - and then reinstalled "calendar app" from the "app Store".
i will continue to try.

how do i reinstate the calendar which came with my iphone 6s without doing a factory reset -
at the moment i can see no calendar on any of my screens

It should be in your Updates - Purchased tab in the App Store. If you can't find it by scrolling through your apps, search for "Calendar" in the App Store.

It should be in your Updates - Purchased tab in the App Store. If you can't find it by scrolling through your apps, search for "Calendar" in the App Store.

fantastic now -
i did the following:-
settings
calendar
accounts
add account
i chose exchange and was doing fine until i was asked for a server name"

the other options were icloud / google / yahoo / outlook.com / other - if i should have chosen one of these, what are the parameters?

It's possible to set up a Google, iCloud Yahoo or Outlook/Hotmail calendar using their own options. You don't have to enter everything you'd have to do in "Exchange" or "Other".

Are there any email accounts set up in Settings - Mail? If you're already using the account in Mail, all you'd have to do there, is enable Calendar.

It's possible to set up a Google, iCloud Yahoo or Outlook/Hotmail calendar using their own options. You don't have to enter everything you'd have to do in "Exchange" or "Other".

Are there any email accounts set up in Settings - Mail? If you're already using the account in Mail, all you'd have to do there, is enable Calendar.
i have 7 mail accounts but apart from the one in icloud there are no options for calendar -
i tried setting up outlook(my first preference by far) before and had problems but with the knowledge i have aquired with your assistance i think i will try it again