What's new

iphone 6s plus memory problem

TigerEmperor

Reaction score
My Iphone 6s plus sometimes will hang, I download some memory apps that some it used 98% memory, after I double click home button, then close all apps, after that I open SYSMonitor app, it show me only 50M free out of 2G, there are about 1200 MB active memory, 500 MB inactive memory, 200 wired memory and 200 others.

I try to use one button clear and shutdown the iphone, but release for about one hour, then back to full memory. How can I know which process of Iphone consumpt this memory? Thanks.

Iphone 6s plus

IOS : 10.2.1

Try going to Settings>Battery and see which apps are using the most battery power, especially this working in the background a lot. Those apps could be the ones responsible for the excessive memory usage.

After closing all apps are you saying the memory usage goes up to 100% even with all apps closed?

Try going to Settings>Battery and see which apps are using the most battery power, especially this working in the background a lot. Those apps could be the ones responsible for the excessive memory usage.

After closing all apps are you saying the memory usage goes up to 100% even with all apps closed?

Dear scifan57,
Good Afternoon.
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, after I double click the home button, then I close all apps, after that, I open one of memory app to see, it use 98%.
then I disable the "backgound App refrest" in the iphone option, the situation is same, then I use some one click release app, the usage down to 35% at the moment and said kill 3 process (But I can not see any app while double click home button.) However, the percentage will raising, it will raise back to 98% within 1 Hour. I try the other one click release app and monitor app, situation are same.

The Apps that I download do not show what process use the memory, do any apps can do it? What will use the memory when I close all app in the double click home button and close all backgound app refrest?

Correct, Settings>Battery will not show which apps are using the most memory but an app that's using a great deal of battery power is more likely be using a lot of memory as well.

Apple devices are normally very good at managing memory and should close any open apps to free memory as needed.

Did you make any changes to your iPhone just before the problem started?

No. It suddenly hang on yesterday, after I force to restart it but it hang again in 15 mins.
Battery show that Wechat is using 25%(I use it to video chat at night so it is normal), the deleted App using 20%(I think this the some games I delete after the phone hang), Main and lock screen using 13%, Keep apps(Health app, I use it when I am runing, so normal.) others is lower that 10%.

The strange is in my concept, double click home button can see what the Iphone is process now, the backgound app refresh is the iphone app which process in backgound. If I close both of them, it should release back.

.......strange.