What's new

iPhone 6S Plus Crushes the New Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in 'Real-World' Speed Test

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score

Here's a powerful victory for Apple's processor design and software efficiency of the iPhone 6S Plus. A video blogger on YouTube named “PhoneBuff” pitted the 6 month old iPhone 6S Plus up against the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in his well-respected "real world" testing scenario.

Even though the new Samsung device includes a fancy new Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and twice as much RAM (4GB vs 2GB), the older model iPhone 6S Plus still trounces the newer competitor. There are a number of probable reasons the iPhone 6S Plus was able to best the newer hardware from Samsung.

There are several theories as to why this occurred are:
  • Apple's hardware and iOS has better memory management built-in
  • Apple's iOS software uses its hardware more efficiently
  • The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge has to push more pixels in its 2K UHD Display
  • Samsung's extra UI bloatware on top of Android tends to bog the system down unnecessarily
  • Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow's encryption slows it down and it needs further optimization
Regardless of the final reason (or combination of reasons), it's pretty amazing to see Apple's "older" technology still pull remarkably ahead of the newer stuff on Android. Tell us what you think of the video in the thread below.

I can't say I'm completely shocked- androids have a lot of catching up to do for reliability and dependability- especially for everyday useage. It makes me sad I had the s7 edge for about 10 days and had to return it because of reboots and finally a crash. But I was thankful I still had my iPhone 6s Plus.

Also, iOS is a more efficient operating system which doesn't have to plow through several layers of bloat ware like Android phones do.

I have the 6s and it beats many other phones on a lot from speed to camera. I have seen videos on YouTube where it's compared to phones with more mp in camera and it beats them on at least some photos. Really unless there is a big difference in mp like 10 or more its hard to say one is better than the other. On my 6s I don't notice difference in quality from the front and back cameras.

Also, iOS is a more efficient operating system which doesn't have to plow through several layers of bloat ware like Android phones do.

Agreed- until then androids will just continue to leave users wondering.