What's new

iphone 6s displaying "No Service"

juniorhashim

Reaction score
my iphone 6s is displaying "No Service" - i am using an ee payg sim which works in another phone -

apple tried 3 times yesterday to resolve the problem by restoring the software using itunes on a laptop which was connected to the iphone 6s - all 3 attempts abended for various reasons -

earlier today when i tested the sim card in another and reinserted it in the iphone 6s the "no service" was replaced with "ee" but when i tried to call the number it said that it could not be connected and reverted to "no service" -

any suggestions?

Did Apple test the SIM card holder to see if that is the problem? The fact that the card works in other phones is evidence that it's not the card that's the problem.

Last edited:
It sounds as if the problem may lie with EE. Have you contacted them? A local mast may be malfunctioning.

my iphone 6s is displaying "No Service" - i am using an ee payg sim which works in another phone -

apple tried 3 times yesterday to resolve the problem by restoring the software using itunes on a laptop which was connected to the iphone 6s - all 3 attempts abended for various reasons -

earlier today when i tested the sim card in another and reinserted it in the iphone 6s the "no service" was replaced with "ee" but when i tried to call the number it said that it could not be connected and reverted to "no service" -

any suggestions?
Did Apple test the SIM card holder to see if that is the problem? The fact that the card works in other farms shod that it's not the card that's the problem.
"the tests done by apple were remote - they do not repair iphones that are out of warranty - they will replace it with a refurbished one for £300+"

If you can take it to an Apple Store, the Genius Bar can run a proper diagnostic. This will determine exactly what's wrong.

BTW, some simple repairs, such as battery replacement and screen replacement are done in some stores, even on out of warranty devices.

Last edited:

any suggestions?
the issue has been resolved as follows:-
1. apple ran a remote diagnostic and found no hardware faults.
2. apple tried 4 times over 36 hours to reload the software using itunes but the exercise abended every time.
3. i was asked to try the sim card in another phone - it worked in another phone and when i replaced it in my
phone the "no service" was replaced by "ee" but all calls texts to/from the phone were unsuccessful and the
"no service" reappeared.
4. the phone was then completely wiped through "settings" but the "no service" reappeared.
5. the sim card tray/mechasim appears to be faulty and apple will be sending me the packaging and documentation
so that i can return the phone to them.
as the phone is out of warranty they would normally take my credit card details before allowing me to return the
phone(they reckon the cost could be up to £275).
the have not taken my credit card details as there is a slight chance that the phone could be repaired/replaced
under an EU 6 year consumer rule(fingers crossed).

"there are at least 4 mobile in the office using "ee" sims successfully"

any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
2. apple tried 4 times over 36 hours to reload the software using itunes but the exercise abended every time.
3. i was asked to try the sim card in another phone - it worked in another phone and when i replaced it in my
phone the "no service" was replaced by "ee" but all calls texts to/from the phone were unsuccessful and the
"no service" reappeared.
4. the phone was then completely wiped through "settings" but the "no service" reappeared.
5. the sim card tray/mechasim appears to be faulty and apple will be sending me the packaging and documentation
as the phone is out of warranty they would normally take my credit card details before allowing me to return the
the have not taken my credit card details as there is a slight chance that the phone could be repaired/replaced

If you can take it to an Apple Store, the Genius Bar can run a proper diagnostic. This will determine exactly what's wrong.

BTW, some simple repairs, such as battery replacement and screen replacement are done in some stores, even on out of warranty devices.

any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
"no service" reappeared.

Can you not borrow a sim tray to try out in your iPhone?

Can you not borrow a sim tray to try out in your iPhone?
It could be the SIM card reader inside the iphone that's at fault. The SIM card and tray fit into the holder, which contains the reader.

Last edited: