What's new

Iphone 6 plus overnight charging

Interesting. I usually have more than 50% left each night (IE: last night I actually had 70% left), and I always plug in before bed. Now you're making me rethink that process. Maybe I do start going 2-3 days before charging. At least I'll keep my "hidden" cycle count down...

Interesting. I usually have more than 50% left each night (IE: last night I actually had 70% left), and I always plug in before bed. Now you're making me rethink that process. Maybe I do start going 2-3 days before charging. At least I'll keep my "hidden" cycle count down...
No, I am saying I think you are doing what Apple is suggesting.

I just charge mine when it gets low, I don't really think about a right or wrong way, If it needs charging I charge it, Usually to 100%.

I've always put my phone on a charger every night regardless of battery level going back to HTC tilt and have only had 2 devices junk a battery same goes for my year old moto 360, battery life has been the same for 7 months now. Do batteries go bad? Absolutely, is there a cycle life yes but it's a very wide range with a lot of variables. I wouldn't stress over it.

One of my big hobbies is RC car racing and we use lipo batteries, not much different then ion, they have a cycle life as well and supposedly no memory (sorry but both do have memories) One of my packs is almost 3 years old and is one of my best packs where I just had to throw a month old one out, same brand and manufacturer.

it is better that whenever moblie charge is complete upto 100%. then unplugged the charger.
You don't have to unplug the iPhone from the charger when the charge level reaches 100%. It's perfectly safe to leave it plugged in as long as you want, it's impossible to overcharge an iPhone battery.