What's new

iPhone 6 plus emails disappearing

Arnold's Mum

Reaction score
Hi all, I have no hair left after trying to fix this issue and hitting a brick wall every step. My business email on my iPhone 6 plus works ok to the point that email comes in to my inbox but then each afternoon it disappears into thin air. I still have it on my laptop but nothing on my phone. I have gone through all my settings, Googled the problem to death and just have had no luck in following steps others' have used and found the solution. On my phone it is an IMAP account.

I click on:
Mail,Contacts, Calendars.
The Email account in question (underneath it it says Mail, Notes)

All that comes up is IMAP account and the account name and underneath it it has Mail and Notes, both with on/off buttons next to it. If I click on the IMAP account all that comes up is account information, incoming server information and outgoing mail server with advanced settings.

Many thanks in advance

Jo

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Jo!

If it is an Outlook/Hotmail account, you can change it's settings in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Accounts - the Outlook account - Mail Days to Sync, from 1 day to 3 days, ... and No Limit.

For every other account, and supposedly Outlook as well, you'll have to take a look at it's settings online, if possible. Access the account using a browser, and take a look at it's settings there.

Thanks J.A, it isn't an Outlook or hotmail account, I don't have the 'mail days to sync' option.

I have gone online and ran through the check list the domain host give for installing email onto an iPhone, I've deleted my account and re-added it following the step by step instructions. No emails have uploaded whatsoever :(

Thanks J.A, it isn't an Outlook or hotmail account, I don't have the 'mail days to sync' option.

I have gone online and ran through the check list the domain host give for installing email onto an iPhone, I've deleted my account and re-added it following the step by step instructions. No emails have uploaded whatsoever :(
You can't change the settings on your iPhone. It's loading the emails, or deleting them because of a setting in the account online, not because of something your iPhone is doing. If it's a Gmail account, I could help finding the location that might cause your problem.

It's my own domain name, through LCN mail. Thanks for trying, I've gone through all the settings I can find online and nothing relates to how long emails are stored for or moving them after so many hours. I must be overlooking something. I shall phone them tomorrow and see if that works