What's new

iPhone 6 plus: 2 issues?

JohnPyn

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I really need a second opinion on these 2 problems I have with my 6 plus.

The first and probably less annoying/serious is that if I press on the top-left part of the screen, this makes a clicking noise... I don't really need to press a lot but the noise is quite easy to hear... I had the same problem on my iPhone 4s and 5 so I guess that this might be a common problem on all iPhones??

The second which has become quite annoying is this... The Touch ID seems to work erratically... There's 2 things I need to point out though... When it's not working and I press and rest the finger then it always works (instead of just resting the finger without actually pressing the button) and it only works erratically when it looks dirty, if I rub my finger on it, let's say towards the bottom, I can see some dirt that goes on the bottom in which case I proceed to rub it with a piece of cloth. Is this normal?

One last thing I need to point out is that I actually brought my iPhone to have it checked (as far as the Touch ID was concerned) and they said that it worked perfectly... But it does work erratically quite often now.
I'm not sure when they check iPhones whether they check for any problems or just the one described, if they check for all I can't see how they missed the clicking noise the screen makes...

Thanks guys, I'd really love a second opinion

EDIT: I totally forgot a quite important question actually... Do any of you actually "clean" the Touch ID with a piece of cloth or something else or you never ever do this?

If either your fingers or the Touch ID sensor are dirty it can affect the scanning efficiency of the Touch ID system.

I remove my case and clean my phone at least every 3 days. I just use a soft clean cloth.

Well, I'm not a dirty person ehehe I shower everyday and wash my hands quite often for instance :D But I do tend to have sweaty hands and for instance when I drink hot tea at home they get hotter and wet obviously due to the effect that the hot glass makes when you touch it (I'm not sure of the name of this phenomenon in english I apologize).

I remove my case and clean my phone at least every 3 days. I just use a soft clean cloth.

I see, Do you clean your Touch ID as well? I've never had a Touch ID iPhone before so I don't know whether I should clean it like 5-10 times a day by rubbing it like on my shirt, or a couple of times is enough or something else. Since when I brought it to get it repaired they told me that it was fine I've started to think that the fact that I don't really clean it (except when it doesn't work) could be the reason.