What's new

iPhone 6 call volume

carljh

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the call volume can be boosted from standard on the iPhone 6? I don't mean through jail breaking but an official Apple fix. My problem is that I am a hearing aid user and the calls are barely audible even in a quiet environment so took it back to the Apple Store and was told that it was not possible to increase the volume and they didn't even test it. I don't believe this for a second but just need to confirm if it is possible before I take the matter further. I had no problems with volume on the iPhone 4 and on my Galaxy S4 I even had to turn it down at times!

I have a 6 plus and wear dual aids even with my aids off I can hear it fine and trust me I am really deaf without the aids. Have you checked all the controls to make sure they are full volume. The Apple Store is correct the only way to increase the volume is via the volume controls.

Since my iphone 6 has not arrive yet I would just welcome you to the forum at the moment. Happy posting!!!

Can anyone tell me if the call volume can be boosted from standard on the iPhone 6? I don't mean through jail breaking but an official Apple fix. My problem is that I am a hearing aid user and the calls are barely audible even in a quiet environment so took it back to the Apple Store and was told that it was not possible to increase the volume and they didn't even test it. I don't believe this for a second but just need to confirm if it is possible before I take the matter further. I had no problems with volume on the iPhone 4 and on my Galaxy S4 I even had to turn it down at times!
Have you had a friend or family member with normal hearing check the volume on your phone to see if they have trouble with the volume being too low. If they do, even with the volume set to maximum, it would be convincing evidence that something is wrong. In that case, take it back for another Genius Bar appointment and insist that they do a diagnostic check of the iPhone.

If you haven't done so, it might help to review Appendix A: Accessibility, Hearing Aids in the iPhone User Guide.

Yes there is a flaw with the iphone 6 where the call volume is really low and the volume controls don't work people have been using the earpiece. Scratch mine duh i had left the plastic protection until i got a case just remove it

Last edited:
Yep. Accessibility >hearing aids >Toggle on Hearing Aid Mode. My Wife's 5c had very low volume. She has excellent hearing. But she couldn't hear it. After searching, I found this about hearing aid mode. It worked some on my 5 as well.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.