What's new

iPhone 5s just won't be charged

Albert Tan

Reaction score
Hi guys, I need help if you hv experience the same problem I hv encountered today. My iPhone 5s battery level was at 10% and when I tried to charge my phone it doestn't work. It is not charging at all. I tried my son's Apple battery charger still wont work. What could be the problems?

Reset your iPhone. In many cases, the device doesn't notice that it's connected to power. A reset might solve this.
To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, the iPhone will power up on it's own.

Make sure your iPhone's charging port is clean. Debris can prevent charging as well.
If you have to remove something there, be careful, and use a very soft brush or canned air to get rid of it.

Reset your iPhone. In many cases, the device doesn't notice that it's connected to power. A reset might solve this.
To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, the iPhone will power up on it's own.

Make sure your iPhone's charging port is clean. Debris can prevent charging as well.
If you have to remove something there, be careful, and use a very soft brush or canned air to get rid of it.

Thanks JA. Tried that too. Not working. I sent it to the repair shop n the guy open up n placed a new battery. The apple logo came up and later the screen went blue in a second n black again. He suspected the motherboard is gone.

if you tried multiple chargers and charging outlets then the connector of the iPhone could be dead and you should change it, try taking it to an expert

Thanks steponeman, I did and they told me it is the motherboard problem. They tried using a new battery, the Apple logo appeared but screen turned blue a second n black out. A new motherboard cost RM800.00 bucks! How can a year plus iPhone 5s failed on motherboard??? Warrantee period lapsed and there is no way Apple is going to fix it for free or a replacement. Wonder if this problem with the motherboard is common.

Motherboard failures are not too common, but when they happen, the only solution is to replace the motherboard.