What's new

iPhone 5S : First Images ?

Easy on the accusations there, Steve. Please be respectful to our members here. Yes-everyone's opinion counts, but tone it down a little. Thanks, Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

No accusations were made directly to anyone, if it seemed it then my apologies. But it was just an opinion

No accusations were made directly to anyone, if it seemed it then my apologies. But it was just an opinion

Thanks, but the opinion was rather more of a directive to another member for being called "lazy." So thank you for being mindful here and appreciate your response.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Mother of god! 128 gb would be oh so nice to have :)

Oh. Does it say the capacity ?

staticmap

Seriously?!? You want to be that lazy so you don't have to tap an extra three times. Wow!
Difference is - tap on passcode can be done by anyone knowing or assuming your passcode, and maybe the will succeed... fingerprint scanner will only recognise the pattern on finger set up in settings/security - a lot more safer and easier I think.....

The newest Chipset is the change that would make the most significant advantage to buy an upgraded iPhone.
The small changes which we are hearing about
for the 5S just are not enough to sell big.
When Apple brings out the new chipset, that's
when the lines will form the day before release.
The other manufacturers will sit up and take notice rushing to copy in hope of saving their
converts,
Why just make a quick buck when you can make another historical dent.

Difference is - tap on passcode can be done by anyone knowing or assuming your passcode, and maybe the will succeed... fingerprint scanner will only recognise the pattern on finger set up in settings/security - a lot more safer and easier I think.....

And 3 taps saver! :D

The biggest change I'd like to see in an iPhone is a slot for a micro SD card. Why do we have to be limited to Apple's determination of how much memory we need? I bought a 16G iPhone 4s thinking 16G is a HUGE amount of space. 4.5 gigs of music, 1.5 in pics/video and 126 apps (not a TON) and I'm almost at capacity. It'd be nice to just buy a little cheap 64G SD and slip it in for more space. I think Apple is missing the mark with this part of their phones. I realize I can get a phone with higher capacity BUT why should I? My next one will be 32G BUT that too will fill up and I'll want more space. Apple could make a lot more money off me on apps/music if I could just stick more memory in my already full phone.

The biggest change I'd like to see in an iPhone is a slot for a micro SD card. Why do we have to be limited to Apple's determination of how much memory we need? I bought a 16G iPhone 4s thinking 16G is a HUGE amount of space. 4.5 gigs of music, 1.5 in pics/video and 126 apps (not a TON) and I'm almost at capacity. It'd be nice to just buy a little cheap 64G SD and slip it in for more space. I think Apple is missing the mark with this part of their phones. I realize I can get a phone with higher capacity BUT why should I? My next one will be 32G BUT that too will fill up and I'll want more space. Apple could make a lot more money off me on apps/music if I could just stick more memory in my already full phone.

I would have to disagree with that, firstly the sd card takes up space and then the phone would have less in it and not be as thin, plus apple have 64GB models, and sure buying a sd card would be cheaper but imo having internal memory is much better especially since when the card fills up it starts to lag so you lose stability, I really hope apple never adds a sd card slot.

I think we will see a 128gb model next but for me 64gb has been plenty, though my ipad is 128 :)

well worth the extra cash. I discovered from the iphone of 2007 that it would not be enough and even 32gb when I got it on the 4 was not. you always fill it up and need more sooner or later.

I would have to disagree with that, firstly the sd card takes up space and then the phone would have less in it and not be as thin, plus apple have 64GB models, and sure buying a sd card would be cheaper but imo having internal memory is much better especially since when the card fills up it starts to lag so you lose stability, I really hope apple never adds a sd card slot.

I think we will see a 128gb model next but for me 64gb has been plenty, though my ipad is 128 :)

well worth the extra cash. I discovered from the iphone of 2007 that it would not be enough and even 32gb when I got it on the 4 was not. you always fill it up and need more sooner or later.

I know the feeling...

I have a 32gb 3Gs and because i ripped my cd collection in apples lossless, it takes up huge amounts of the memory, i want at least the 64gb version and depending on price would like the 128gb. I also am trying to find out about the sound chip in the 5s, i read on the interweb that the sound quality of my 3gs was very good (which it is in lossless with a very expensive set of headphones), but i am unsure how the new Iphones fare in terms of SQ.