What's new

Iphone 5S/6

raif281

Reaction score
Well I have an iPhone 4 and I just became eligible for my upgrade. It's about time for me to get a new phone anyways this ones just about done lol. I've read the forums and rumors about maybe a summer or fall release, but nothing official. I just don't wanna buy a 5 and 2 weeks later have the new one come out. I've also read the rumors about what the new phones might have, like building acheaper" smartphone out of a plastic material or something like that, snapdragon and all that other good stuff. Has anyone heard anything official about what might be in the new phones as well. So what I really wanna know is has anyone heard anything official about when the iPhone 5S or 6 will come out. thanks for any input!!

There's nothing official. Just guesses. My guess is that the 5S will:
Be the same size as the 5
Have a slightly faster processor
Have a slightly better camera
Made of plastic instead of aluminum (not a bad thing IMO)
Be out in October

I was in the same situation as you. I just upgraded from my 4 to a 5 a few weeks ago. I couldn't be happier. My plan is to skip the 5S and wait for the 6. Unless I'm completely wrong about the upgrades for the 5S. If it's something I can't live without I'll give my wife my 5 and trade in her 4S for the 5S.

I agree with you but not the plastic. That doesn't sound like Apple at all. If a plastic one came out, it would be a cheap iphone. My contract is nearly over for my iphone 4 but I'm still not convinced that a 5 or 5S is good enough to upgrade.

Well I have an iPhone 4 and I just became eligible for my upgrade. It's about time for me to get a new phone anyways this ones just about done lol. I've read the forums and rumors about maybe a summer or fall release, but nothing official. I just don't wanna buy a 5 and 2 weeks later have the new one come out. I've also read the rumors about what the new phones might have, like building acheaper" smartphone out of a plastic material or something like that, snapdragon and all that other good stuff. Has anyone heard anything official about what might be in the new phones as well. So what I really wanna know is has anyone heard anything official about when the iPhone 5S or 6 will come out. thanks for any input!!
no one ever really knows what Apple will do,its all supposition and rumour,i know that doesn't help you to decide but there will be nothing official until Apple makes the announcement.

I agree with everything except plastic body... They don't have any needs to change aluminum body.

Sent from Apple iPad 4

I think a plastic iPhone would be an upgrade in many ways.
I'm a gun guy. Been shooting my whole life and it's my main hobby. A company called Glock basically revolutionized handguns by making the G17 so popular. At first there was resistence from old school metal gun fans. Today more police and military all over the world carry Glock's plastic pistols than any other brand handgun. Plastic is proving to be more durable than metal in many ways. So I'm a huge plastic fan.

If Apple does come out with a cheap iPhone I think it'll be the same size as the 5, have the same internals and cameras, but a plastic body. Basically a plastic bodied 5 with 8GB of memory.

Just my guesses, well have to wait and see what happens but it's fun to speculate.

Here's an AR I just recently built. Lots of plastic on these also.

FDE.jpg

Be out in October

I was in the same situation as you. I just upgraded from my 4 to a 5 a few weeks ago. I couldn't be happier. My plan is to skip the 5S and wait for the 6. Unless I'm completely wrong about the upgrades for the 5S. If it's something I can't live without I'll give my wife my 5 and trade in her 4S for the 5S.

that's what I thought just seeing if someone read something I didn't lol.

well just about every page I've read said the 5S and 6 will both launch this year and that one will be a "cheaper" iPhone while the other will be its usual upgraded phone, not sure which one will be which. So you maybe be waiting to get the 6S/7 lol. Im just gonna stick it out till the end of summer and if they don't drop one by the end of summer or they announce once i will upgrade. How do you like you 5 compared to your 4 you had?

I agree with you but not the plastic. That doesn't sound like Apple at all. If a plastic one came out, it would be a cheap iphone. My contract is nearly over for my iphone 4 but I'm still not convinced that a 5 or 5S is good enough to upgrade.

Well the are trying to pick up 3rd works countries as one of the articles put it, so it would have to be made cheaper so they could sell them for cheaper. I don't believe apple would put out a badly built product just to make a few extra dollars. I agree with you on upgrade thing im really holding out for the 6 which is rumored to drop this year along with the 5S.

I think a plastic iPhone would be an upgrade in many ways. I'm a gun guy. Been shooting my whole life and it's my main hobby. A company called Glock basically revolutionized handguns by making the G17 so popular. At first there was resistence from old school metal gun fans. Today more police and military all over the world carry Glock's plastic pistols than any other brand handgun. Plastic is proving to be more durable than metal in many ways. So I'm a huge plastic fan. If Apple does come out with a cheap iPhone I think it'll be the same size as the 5, have the same internals and cameras, but a plastic body. Basically a plastic bodied 5 with 8GB of memory. Just my guesses, well have to wait and see what happens but it's fun to speculate. Here's an AR I just recently built. Lots of plastic on these also.

i agree with the ya bud and im a gun guy as well. from a few articles I've read the "cheap iPhone" will be the size of the 4 and be a "blend of plastic". Currently im a plumbers helper and deal with plastic all day so I can tell you guys from experience plastic is hard and durable compared to 10yrs ago. nice AR btw bro

I am due for upgrade in 2014 and will definitely get the 6 when it is released.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

How do you like you 5 compared to your 4 you had?
Night and day. My 4 was old and I could tell. I hate slow electronics and it was slow especially compared to the 5. But my wife's 4S is still running fast and strong. You may just want to find a used 4S to hold you over. They are fast. And I still prefer the 4/4S size over the 5.

And thanks for the complement on my AR. Funny to see another gun guy around these parts.

I think a plastic iPhone would be an upgrade in many ways.
I'm a gun guy. Been shooting my whole life and it's my main hobby. A company called Glock basically revolutionized handguns by making the G17 so popular. At first there was resistence from old school metal gun fans. Today more police and military all over the world carry Glock's plastic pistols than any other brand handgun. Plastic is proving to be more durable than metal in many ways. So I'm a huge plastic fan.

If Apple does come out with a cheap iPhone I think it'll be the same size as the 5, have the same internals and cameras, but a plastic body. Basically a plastic bodied 5 with 8GB of memory.

Just my guesses, well have to wait and see what happens but it's fun to speculate.

Here's an AR I just recently built. Lots of plastic on these also.

FDE.jpg

Where did you get that banana clip for your mossberg ??

All up in ya using Tapatalk 2

Night and day. My 4 was old and I could tell. I hate slow electronics and it was slow especially compared to the 5. But my wife's 4S is still running fast and strong. You may just want to find a used 4S to hold you over. They are fast. And I still prefer the 4/4S size over the 5.

And thanks for the complement on my AR. Funny to see another gun guy around these parts.

glad to hear it! I may do that but if they're supposedly coming out in june then I might be able to wait another 2-3 months....... idk how ill like the 5's size compared to the 4.

not a problem bud! an yeah I hear that lol

still no official anything, but I guess that won't happen till apples ready to release them. maybe something during the WWDC in June?

Hi, I am new, but I would like to ask a few questions that are specific. I have an iPad 4, so I am very familiar with the iOS ecosystem. I also have a Galaxy S3, and have been with Android since Day 1. I am thinking about switching over to iOS really. (Windows is still open for me.) Can we see 2GB of RAM, a 1080p Retina Display, a 13 MP camera, a battery with 2300 mAh, an IR blaster, and a high powered quad core processor? I know people say that iOS doesn't need too much power to run, but a lot of Android devices are going for sheer power now. I feel like the iPhone 5S/6, Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 5, or the next Lumia are the phones to consider for myself. The S4 is not much of an upgrade, but I am keeping my options open. I am just worried about losing some of my Touchwiz software features I like such as: multi window (two apps at once split screen), camera editing off Touchwiz specifically, Smart Alert, and auto reply messages when you cannot pick up the phone. Will iOS have those features for me? Like I said, my iPad keeps me familiar with iOS to an extent. I use my iPad for everything and I feel like it is solid. No lagging or apps force closing like Android. Plus, phones are getting too big, and I don't want to compromise with the Note 3 to get the best features. Is Apple playing catch up now?