What's new

iPhone 5c charge/sync cables

griffsr

Reaction score
Can i buy any ones with the lightening adaptor and they will work? Im presuming the plug part on my old 30pin one will still work with newer cables?

Can i buy any ones with the lightening adaptor and they will work? Im presuming the plug part on my old 30pin one will still work with newer cables?

If you have an older 30 pin cable you can get lightning adapters for them. There are two that are available from Apple:

ynu9y4et.jpg

This one is the cheaper of the two but it has the disadvantage of not working if your iPhone is in a case. The added thickness of the case keeps the contacts of the connector in making contact with the connections in the receptacle.

4y7u6y2y.jpg

This adapter works even if your phone is in a case or not. Of course it's going to cost a little more than the precious one, but it's worth it.

Another possibility is getting a Belkin lightning cable:

deruqeza.jpg

They work great and I haven't had any issues with them.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk

I recently bought the 3rd party braided cables off of ebay they are much cheaper and you have to really abuse them to break that connection between the cable and lightning connector

Tested on iphone 5/5c and ipad mini

Last edited:
Using the same iPad wall adapter, some aftermarket lightning cable will charge a 5s, but won't charge an iPad Air.

I've had the best compatibility lightning power/data cords made/sold by amazon. They are called "Amazon Basics". The Amazon Basic cables are the only aftermarket cables that will charge my iPad Air.

Of course there are 100's of different aftermarket cables and other may work perfectly fine along with the Amazon Basics cables. (And of course the OEM cables).