What's new

Iphone 5

Tristan

Reaction score
I buy and sell iPhones 5 mostly is there any way I can find out if the phone is reported lost or stolen, i.e. is there any app or something that can do this, because I just bought a iPhone 5 of gumtree and its been reported stolen,
Can anybody help?

I don't know go into your nearest Apple store and tell them and get a refund from the guy and report him, you'll probably get your money back and an innocent person their phone back and you'll get a lot of good deeds. Go to your local police station and tell them.

Many thanks,
Software

One country I'm familiar with would say that you are already in hot water, being in possession of property, knowing or believing it to have been stolen. That's the UK. Not sure how other countries stack up in this respect. Your best bet is to turn the thing into a police station, and cut your losses. If the owner doesn't claim it within a certain time frame, they will return it to you and it's your to do with as you see fit. Again, that's UK practice. It could be different elsewhere.

I didn't know or believe it was stolen, I bought it thinking it was genuine from gumtree I don't would not and never will buy any product what ever it is, if it was stolen,

I think what the OP is asking is if there is an app or other way where s/he can plug in a serial number to find out if a device has been reported stolen BEFORE s/he buys it.

S/he bought a phone in good faith only to find out after the deal that it is/was stolen. It seems that s/he buys phone often and wants to be sure they aren't stolen before buying them.