What's new

iphone 5 works only when plugged in

anonimukas

Reaction score
hello, i have an iphone 5 and when i hold power button it shiws apple logo and after 10 second it turns off. When i plug in charger it show apple logo and turns on, i can use it 100% but sometimes when i plug in phone shows out of battery screen(like you discharge your iphone fully and then you plug in, to charge to 5%). after unplug, screen dissapears, i plug again and it boots again with no problem, but works only with charger. please help.

hello, i have an iphone 5 and when i hold power button it shiws apple logo and after 10 second it turns off. When i plug in charger it show apple logo and turns on, i can use it 100% but sometimes when i plug in phone shows out of battery screen(like you discharge your iphone fully and then you plug in, to charge to 5%). after unplug, screen dissapears, i plug again and it boots again with no problem, but works only with charger. please help.

Sounds like it's time to replace the battery. I'd take to your nearest Apple Store and have them check it out to be sure though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

if problem is not in battery, then what can be?

if problem is not in battery, then what can be?
That's what a trip to the nearest Apple Store and a Genius Bar appointment will be able to tell you. The symptoms displayed by your iPhone likely favour the dead battery hypothesis mentioned by rasmith1959.

it had a water or oil spilled on it.
In that case, there could be internal corrosion that would make the phone not worth repairing. This type of damage is not covered under the standard warranty but is covered by AppleCare+ if you purchased it when you bought your iPhone.

it is free to diagnostic? and how much time it will take?

it is free to diagnostic? and how much time it will take?
The diagnostic is free, a repair may not be. How long it takes depends on how busy they are. You can make a Genius Bar appointment online before you get to the store. The easiest way to make the appointment is by using the Apple Store app and tap on the Genius Bar tab when looking at the details for the store you plan to visit.

hello!! i have relaced battery and iphone is working!!!! thank you guys for fast and EFFECTIVE support/help!! is there isa some kind of respect or like program i will give you likes!!!! Thank you !!!!

Hello, Good to hear your problem is solved and thank you for letting us know, We appreciate any feedback and thanks from our members.