What's new

iPhone 5 without case

I dropped my 4 so many times. All I had was a screen protector. Only thing that happened was a small nick in the bottom right corner. I'm not taking that chance with my 5. My friend shattered the back of her 4 the first day she had it. Many other friends did as well. Good thing it was just the back.

You a case because it will protect your ip verry good .

I got mine the first day they came out and haven't used a case and have had no problems with it. I'm very careful with the phone and have a special pocket in my jacket for it.

Trust me the front screen breaks just as easy as the for 4S just the back isn't glass so it saves you that!! I broke the screen On my iPhone 5 about two weeks ago. It slipped out of my hand when putting it in my pocket but that was the single only time I have ever dropped it! I have black-tie insurance So I normally get a replacement within 48 hours but because they have no refurbished models yet when it's this new it was on backorder And I had to wait. They told me if they didn't have one within 10 days that they would replace it with a brand-new one in the box Which unbelievably they actually did. Just tracked it and it will be in tomorrow by 10:30....finally!!

the only time i ran my iphones without cases was when they had a full clear protector on them. and thats the first thing i do on all of them.

As a rule I allways get a case for my iPhones, and I ALLWAYS use a screen protector. Any phone that will cost £600 to replace deserves a little protection IMO.

I heard that iphone 5 housing paint are getting peel. So it's better to use back cover or case.

Chronics said:
I heard that iphone 5 housing paint are getting peel. So it's better to use back cover or case.

The metal surfaces of the iPhone 5 aren't painted, but anodized. The sharp angles at the edge of the back are, however, subject to quicker wear, leaving the iPhone with a worn appearance.

Last edited:
As i ordered my new iPhone 5, the following instant thing is to get a powerful skin protector for it,i will never let my iPhone run without a case on,so i ordered a tough aluminum bumper case on slickfans.com,received last week,i think the bumper case is the best case for iPhone 5,cool looking and strong protection...