What's new

iPhone 5 without case

antisomnic

Reaction score
Is it safe to use the iPhone 5 without a case? I'm very careful with my phone and prefer the feel of it without a case. It seems very durable and scratch resistant. It seems even more solid than the iPhone 4/4s. What are people's thoughts/experiences

iPhone 5 and "scratch resistant" are not two items I would use in the same sentence unless there was a huge not in the middle of it.

The anodized coating can easily be scratched. In fact I suggest you Google it to see how bad it can get.

Mine is protected back and front with clear protectors and i have a metal bumper on and its in a slip case,i'm not taking any chances.

I really attractive case that gives great protection is the speck candy shell. I have dropped my iphone 5 a few times and never even got a scratch on my phone. I bounce between that and an otterbox which gives the ultimate protection. I have a feeling if you dropped you iphone naked it would shatter b

iVandie said:
I have a feeling if you dropped you iphone naked it would shatter b

I doubt it would shatter. It's not as fragile as the Galaxy S 3.

In my opinion it is more durable then the 4S but I think that it comes also to what color phone do you have. I have the white iPhone and it handled no case pretty well but then again I now have an Otterbox on it since I work on an airfield. But I think that the black iPhone5 scratches and it shows very easily but once again just my opinion

I can tell u from experience if u drop the 5 without a case u WILL crack the screen I DID. I usually don't use a case because I have Black Tie Insurance w/ best buy so even if I crack it they have a new one within 1 day. No deductible and unlimited claims so I never stress if I drop it but this time because the 5 is still limited availability I got back ordered! So folks I suggest until they are plentiful again USE A CASE

Oh and it was just a regular drop- nothin special I was taking outta my pocket and slipped out my hand. Landed on the corner not on the face but still shattered it. I'm now using a loaner from best buy which is not an iPhone by the way....

I might be the only one who never droped his iphone. I had 3gs for 3 years, and never droped it, i mean, ever never :). I have 4s now, so far so good

I've had every iPhone since the 3Gs and have always kept them in them in the otterbox at all times. You never know.... And accidents can happen at any time. Just much rather be safe than sorry.

I have mine in a Lifeproof case. With a 3.5 year old toddler this is practically mandatory. It's survived multiple drops and even sprays of water from the kitchen sink sprayer. Without a case, I'd have a shiny paperweight,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not as delicate as 4s though with it's glass back.