What's new

iPhone 5 vs iPhone 4s

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopsino

Reaction score
With an iPhone 4S running iOS6, I don't see any big difference with the almighty iPhone 5

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

For basic users no. For advanced users, the true main difference is the computing capabilities. It's a quad core processor that automatically overclocks itself with slightly more RAM. Most of the cores are about the same. Just hardware changes.

With an iPhone 4S running iOS6, I don't see any big difference with the almighty iPhone 5

Yeah I think the same thing . I'll wait to see what they come out with next or just switch to an Android phone . The 5 just seems like a giant let down to me .

Well really it all comes down to the hype. Everyone wants it because it's new, and the idea that it just completely jumped a whole number from 4 to 5 is like diamond crusting it with chunks of platinum to many people. Personally, if I could put an A5 or an A6 in a 3GS and get a gig of RAM in there as well, I'd stick with the 3GS.

For basic users no. For advanced users, the true main difference is the computing capabilities. It's a quad core processor that automatically overclocks itself with slightly more RAM. Most of the cores are about the same. Just hardware changes.

The A6 in the iPhone 5 is a Dual Core CPU with a Tri Core GPU. iOS doesn't need a quad core CPU. Only Android does because of its inherit issues with the User Interface and Dalvik VM. Which is why iOS runs only native code.

I seriously prefer the built of the iPhone 4S to the iPhone 5. The front and back glass panels r so so unique, that was y I had to buy the iPhone 4S instead of the iPhone 5. Not so impressed with the iPhone 5 though. Waiting to see What the future 5s or 6 has to offer.

willerz2 said:
Well really it all comes down to the hype. Everyone wants it because it's new, and the idea that it just completely jumped a whole number from 4 to 5 is like diamond crusting it with chunks of platinum to many people. Personally, if I could put an A5 or an A6 in a 3GS and get a gig of RAM in there as well, I'd stick with the 3GS.

Wink!

I seriously prefer the built of the iPhone 4S to the iPhone 5. The front and back glass panels r so so unique, that was y I had to buy the iPhone 4S instead of the iPhone 5. Not so impressed with the iPhone 5 though. Waiting to see What the future 5s or 6 has to offer.

The iPhone 5 is shockingly sh** if you ask me!

iHolophyte

TBH, I would say the best form factor for any iPhone would be the 3G/3GS. I mean, that's what you call a phone. Now, everything aims to be slim and easily breakable and all box-like. I mean, if you look back at the 3GS, only a few percentage of owners actually cracked their screens. Compared to the 4, 4S and 5 which has screen cracking on literally the first few days of getting it. Because it's a bit bulgy, people actually remember that the phone is in their butt pocket and won't sit on it because in the transition of sitting down, they'll actually feel it.

And since this has become nothing but another "the iPhone 4S is better that the iPhone 5" thread... CLOSED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.