What's new

iPhone 5 ringtone issue/question

Status
Not open for further replies.

brenakie

Reaction score
Hi,

I've had my phone for a week or so and love it. I'm starting to customize it strating with the ringtones.

I've downloaded some from zedge.com and they are on the phone.

My issue is if I set a custom ringtone for a contact (on their contact info page) then get a call from that person the default RT is still being used not the custom one.

What am I doing wrong???

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bren

I notice in the custom ring tones that the default is also listed there as well. You have a check mark next to the persons ringtone and save?

Outside of that I wouldn't know how it could possibly play the default.

I notice in the custom ring tones that the default is also listed there as well. You have a check mark next to the persons ringtone and save?

I did, but it was user error... one of the numbers i was testing was also for another contact that is in my contact list ahead of the other user and that entry took precedence.

Now if I could only stop my battery from draining, I can literally watch the % tick down...

Thanks for your input hookbill!

Bren.

I did, but it was user error... one of the numbers i was testing was also for another contact that is in my contact list ahead of the other user and that entry took precedence.

Now if I could only stop my battery from draining, I can literally watch the % tick down...

Thanks for your input hookbill!

Bren.

You're welcome, I also failed to notice that you had bought those ringtones. Just for future info there are free apps available that will let you use your own music for ringtones.

And about the battery....there's a million threads on that, you know, use wifi, bluetooth off when not in use. I get great battery life but I come from Android where great battery life was 8 hours.

Resetting doesn‘t help with this problem.

The question has been posted in 2012. Many features have changed since then. Also, the OP hasn‘t been back since 2013.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.