What's new

iPhone 5 Optimized Apps...

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
Is it just me, or are developers taking a long time to update their apps? I have only had 3 updates to iPhone 5 optimization since launch day, and it seems pretty sad to me that apps that utilize lists almost entirely like eBay, are still in the old resolution. I understand graphically intensive games taking awhile, but not apps that almost exclusively use lists

Is it just me, or are developers taking a long time to update their apps? I have only had 3 updates to iPhone 5 optimization since launch day, and it seems pretty sad to me that apps that utilize lists almost entirely like eBay, are still in the old resolution. I understand graphically intensive games taking awhile, but not apps that almost exclusively use lists

It took over a year just to reach 60% of all apps to update to Retina display. And you are expect Apps that DON'T need the extra screen space and work perfectly as is to be updated in under 6 weeks?

Your expectations are way too high. I would be shocked if we even hit 50% by October 2013.

It took over a year just to reach 60% of all apps to update to Retina display. And you are expect Apps that DON'T need the extra screen space and work perfectly as is to be updated in under 6 weeks?

Your expectations are way too high. I would be shocked if we even hit 50% by October 2013.

I never said I was expecting all apps to be optimized, I was talking specifically about list type apps. All that would need to be done is make it longer or wider. That's why I specifically brought up eBay, as its been the star of product announcements before, and has yet to make their 'list' type app longer. And to go further, not even expecting all apps, just the big name ones that have teams working on them

And you failed to understand one salient point I made. If the app works why fix it?

Odds are they will wait till they have a scheduled update.