What's new

Iphone 5 loadspeaker button disabled

jitensetia

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a weired issue as below:-

1. my loudspeaker button is disabled in incoming and outgoing calls.
2. Also my voice does not go to other party and even I cannot hear anyone voice, but ringer is working good. I get the call and when I pick up, the speaker comes up disabled.

Please help

Make sure there's nothing plugged in to your headset jack.
Adjust your volume using the Volume buttons.
Also take a look at your headset jack. If there's some debris, remove it.
Restart and reset (using Home and Power button simultaneously) your device, maybe that'll help.

I did factory reset it via Restore it to iOS 8.4
But still the issue persists, is it something with hardware...

I tried with handsfree mode as well, but no good

Did you check the headphone jack for debris as J. A. Suggested. Debris jamming the speaker cutoff switch in the headphone jack is one of the most common causes of the speaker not working.

Did you check the headphone jack for debris as J. A. Suggested. Debris jamming the speaker cutoff switch in the headphone jack is one of the most common causes of the speaker not working.

I inserted headphone few times and took out it, but nothing worked.
I will clean it with dry toothbrush and will let you know.

Hi,
I'm wandering here and there on shops, but no one is able to fix this. They all have flased IOS again on device but the same problem is there. Also they are assured that there is no hardware problem. What should I do ?

Is there any audio connector which is damaged? I heared from one of the shopkepper... Please help me.

I suspect it is a software problem, coz my loudspeaker icon is disabled....

Did you clean the headphone jack as J.A. advised? Did you then test the phone out with a different headphone as advised?

Also one more thing, when I play songs it plays through speaker but the problem is on calling no voice heared and no voice sent to the party