What's new

iPhone 5 keeps switching between networks...

mrjaffa

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm not sure if this is an issue just with those using Virgin, but my iPhone 5 is unlocked and has a Virgin sim in there. It seemed to install the settings itself for Virgin but I've also used the unlockit.co.nz site to install settings too.

Becasue Virgin use T Mobile and Orange, it seems you can either choose between "Virgin" or "virgin", I'm assuming one is T Mobile and one is Orange, but data does not seem to work on "virgin", so I'll choose "Virgin" but it will always switch back to "virgin" when it feels like it.

It used to do the same on my iPhone 4 also. Anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks.....

This is similar to the problem my friend faced when she signed up for a iPhone 5 contract on EE - T-Mobile & Orange merged together. She phoned both T-Mobile & Orange customer services, to no avail. Eventually she just stopped her EE contract, unlocked the iP5 for £10 and then got the £6.90 sim from 3. Suprisingly, even though it wasn't LTE/ 4G, it was still very fast.

It's such a pain. I rarely use it without wifi I guess, but yesterday for example, I did, and it wouldn't load anything. Then tried searching for the different network and it takes forever and this time just wouldn't find anymore. Turned the phone on and off and it started working.