What's new

iPhone 5 differences in Carriers?

AFMasterSergeant

Reaction score
I'm new to Apple and now drinking the iPhone cool-aid :p...However, in trying to squash an argument, are there any significant difference in how the phones operate among the 3 big iPhone carriers Sprint, Verizon, AT&T? I'm sure it depends on what area of the country you live in, but I'm trying to settle this argument between me and a friend who is insistent that Sprint sucks compared to Verizon in Colorado. I recently dropped Verizon because their service sucked and I've experienced much better service with Sprint. Thoughts, anyone????

The only people that can answer that question for you.... are those who live in Colorado. In the area that I live... AT&T has better coverage over Sprint or Verizon. Simply comes down to how the coverage is where you live.

That argument is pretty much useless unless you are comparing the phones side by side in exactly the same spot. From a national level perspective Sprint is considered one of the worst national providers and Verizon is ranked #1 at present. But that is based on national averages. If you know for a fact you got better cellular reception under Sprint vs Verizon, then you don't need anyone opinion from a different state or even different county. They simply won't know your circumstance.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

In some areas, one carrier will be much stronger than the others. Like the time when I went to the Grand Canyon and stayed at this ranch as part of a tour. Dead zone for MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILES. Most of my tour had AT&T or T-Mobile. Dead. My little 4S on Verizon, full bars, perfect signal. But, when I went to Salt Lake City, my phone had crappy signal and averaged 1-2 bars, but a friend of mine has AT&T, and he was rocking full bars. It depends on where you live really. In the larger cities like where I am, they're all about there really, spotty in very discreet locations, but about there when you overlook that.

Where we are (Central IL) there's really no good choice other than Verizon, and even that's hardly ideal. We pay for 4G LTE, but unless we go into or near a city, we have to settle for 3G. It's a compromise, like so many other things in life.

I am about 30 min east of Cleveland and of the 3 Verizon gets the best service of me and my iPhone friends.

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.