What's new

iPhone 5 Coming to T-Mobile on April 12

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
8272-iphone-5-white.JPG

Well it certainly has been a long time coming, but today T-Mobile in the US finally announced that it will be offering Apple’s iPhone 5 to its customers from April 12. AppleInsider reports that T-Mobile made the long-awaited announcement today as part of its “Uncarrier” campaign, whereby it is trying to set itself aside from rival carriers such as AT&T and Verizon. What makes T-Mobile different from the other carriers that have the iPhone appears to be its package, as it will be offering a 16GB iPhone 5 for just $99 upfront, provided that you sign up for 20 more months for $20. As AppleInsider notes, the reason it has taken so long for T-Mobile to get the iPhone, despite the fact that it has two million plus iPhone customers on its network, is because it uses the 1700MHz frequency for its 3G HSPA+ service, which gives the iPhone only a slow 2G connection. This has led to T-Mobile switching a good deal of its network to 1900MHz in order to support the iPhone, with that hard work now paying off with today’s announcement. [/FONT]Welcome to the family, T-Mobile!

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] Apple's iPhone 5 debuts on T-Mobile April 12 with $99 upfront payment plan

Yeah, I want to buy new iPhone for my sister, and now I will go with Tmobile.