What's new

iPhone 5 cables

Anyone know if longer lighting cables exist anywhere. I had a 12 ft 30 pin cable (overkill I know) but a 6 ft lighting cable would be lovely to have

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Anyone know if longer lighting cables exist anywhere. I had a 12 ft 30 pin cable (overkill I know) but a 6 ft lighting cable would be lovely to have
The only way longer cables are going to hit the market... is when the third party companies start making them. Haven't seen any as of yet... just keep your eyes peeled to eBay and the trusted online sellers.

i never knew about the chip until today. i was planning on ordering some ebay wires but i think ill hold off on that now.

i wish they would have made it a magnetic connector. that would be cool

I'm using the USB chargers that I had for my various Android phones. No issues.
I just recently switched to iPhone from Android and was looking for this information. I have so many USB chargers and am looking for more cables, but did not want to buy chargers to go with them, since I already have so many. I can't believe Apple still uses the coiled cable with their car charger! Am I the only one that hates that?

i dont like coiled cables. but sometimes when sitting in a big car, a coil cable is nice because when its near the charger its coiled up and neat. and when it needs to be stretched out, it does it.

I just don't like the extra pressure it puts on the connector, as well as the pulling when you are trying to hold it where you can view it. Maybe if they made it longer..., but then it might as well be a straight cable. I mean, it's hard enough to text while driving, let alone when it's being pulled out of your one free hand!...just kidding!

i have 3 cables,1 in my house,the other one in my office,the last one in my bag

so amazing ,right

Yes Bossman, I agree. nothing wrong with control from Apple, but basically they are forcing you to buy more of their own stuff.

Some would call that obstructing the free market system :) A well...I guess when your Apple you can get away with this...

I do see the need for a new charging cable though. Advancing technology is always good in my opinion.