What's new

iPhone 4S Verizon Relocked???

Bananka

Reaction score
Hi,
some days ago i bought an iphone 4s from america to use it in greece. Its on ios 6 firmware 3.0.04 so i cant yet jailbreak. Problem is that its verizon 13 and it needs an imei unlock to use it with a greek sim. Right now im only using it as an ipod only.
Gevey is not a solution cause if i ever update , ill need to buy a new gevey that will support the new firmware.

1. If any jailbreak comes out , can SAM or ultrasnow or anything unlock it so i can use it ?

2. Is there any other way to unlock it ? i saw about imei unlock from many companies around the internet but the cheapest i found is at around 100 euro. If i get a sim from america and unlock it , its permanent ?

Just enlighten me plz. im not experienced with this , its my 1st time i bought something outside greece and i spent my last 3 days looking for a solution and i cant even sleep thinking about my locked iphone 4s.
Thanks in advanced

I have not seen any legit unlocking for a Verizon iPhone 4s so my recommendation is buy an AT&T iPhone 4s and have it factory unlocked to use in Greece. If you want to use your Verizon iPhone 4s in Greece then you need the gevey sim, a specific iOS, and a specific baseband. Way to complicated in my opinion. Look around for an AT&T iPhone 4s and have it factory unlocked then sell off your Verizon iPhone 4s (my recommendation).

I have not seen any legit unlocking for a Verizon iPhone 4s so my recommendation is buy an AT&T iPhone 4s and have it factory unlocked to use in Greece. If you want to use your Verizon iPhone 4s in Greece then you need the gevey sim, a specific iOS, and a specific baseband. Way to complicated in my opinion. Look around for an AT&T iPhone 4s and have it factory unlocked then sell off your Verizon iPhone 4s (my recommendation).[/QUOTE

If i buy a verizon sim card on ebay..can i unlock it like this.: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/696707?start=0&tstart=0 ??

You'll need to know some or personally have a Verizon account to transfer the account onto your phone, then you or they will have to call Verizon and basically tell them you're abroad now and you would like an unlock so you can use it abroad.

I have not seen any legit unlocking for a Verizon iPhone 4s so my recommendation is buy an AT&T iPhone 4s and have it factory unlocked to use in Greece. If you want to use your Verizon iPhone 4s in Greece then you need the gevey sim, a specific iOS, and a specific baseband. Way to complicated in my opinion. Look around for an AT&T iPhone 4s and have it factory unlocked then sell off your Verizon iPhone 4s (my recommendation).

If i buy a verizon sim card on ebay..can i unlock it like this.: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/696707?start=0&tstart=0 ??

if you meet all the requirements then you can try and see what they say.

Yup. But meeting the requirements aren't hard if you know someone that's been a Verizon customer for at least one contract. The minimum requirement isn't much either. Something like 3 months, clear of any probational activities and must not have unlocked a device in the past 6 months.

I had no problem just calling Verizon to have my iPhone 4S unlocked.