What's new

IPhone 4S Upgrade to ios 7.1.2

Jimmyd9

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4s.
Currently, I am running iOS 7.0.4. And have never installed an OS higher than that. I would
Like to do a fresh install to speed up my phone. I was thinking of upgrading to 7.1.2. Is this possible? I keep reading that Apple is no longer signing 7.1.2, does this affect me since I have never upgraded to iOS 8?
Thanks

I have an iPhone 4s.
Currently, I am running iOS 7.0.4. And have never installed an OS higher than that. I would
Like to do a fresh install to speed up my phone. I was thinking of upgrading to 7.1.2. Is this possible? I keep reading that Apple is no longer signing 7.1.2, does this affect me since I have never upgraded to iOS 8?
Thanks
I'm afraid that the only iOS version you can update to is iOS 8.3. No other iOS version for your iPhone is being signed.

Thanks for the info scifan.
I just need to ask........ I want to get my 4s running faster....... I know everyone talks about apple not signing but........ is there no work around here ????

thanks

Thanks for the info scifan.
I just need to ask........ I want to get my 4s running faster....... I know everyone talks about apple not signing but........ is there no work around here ????

thanks
I'm sorry but there is no workaround at all that would allow you to install an unsigned version of iOS on your iPhone. You could download the file but the last part of the installation process is an online verification with the Apple servers. If the version of iOS you're trying to instal is no longer being signed for your device the verification will fail and the iOS version will not be installed.