What's new

iPhone 4S Unlocking

JooK

Reaction score
Is there any way to legitimately, and permanently unlock the iphone 4S?

My phone is locked to Rogers. I still want to use a rogers pay as you go plan, but the data is disabled unless im on an iphone plan. If i get them to unlock my phone, will the data on the non-iphone plan work?

Think you need to ask Rogers, depends if phone is on a contract.

If thats how you bought it cheaper, i can't see them releasing the phone and loosing your contract at a their lose.

if you have another phone you prefer to use on the Rogers contract, having gave the iPhone to a partner, they might accommodate you.

An Issue might be inclusive data differences, you need to speak to Rogers CS really.

My brother bought the phone for $575 locked to rogers off contract. I bought one for $550, same thing. He got one of the Pay As You Go monthly plans and when they activated it for him, they didn't allow him to use the data because it wasn't an iPhone Data plan.

We really don't want to pay $65 a month for a plan that isn't even that great. We can use the other plan for calling and texting, but that really defeats the purpose of the iPhone if i have absolutely no data.

I had one on ready to go on an Irish network and cos I bought that phone on that plan i rang them and they unlock it strait away,well after one week .