What's new

iPhone 4S to iPhone5 Transfer question Win PC

AE1M

Reaction score
I am currently an iP4s user with iOS 6.1.3 and expecting an iP5 soon.

I run iTunes on a Windows machine.

I am expecting to be able to turn on the iphone and load the latest backup from iTunes to transfer all my apps, data, photos etc during the activation process.

Additionally I expect my iCloud control panel on the Windows machine to need no alterations for Outlook syncing of contacts, calendar, etc....
(I do NOT use iCloud mail in Outlook)

Anything wrong with these expectations? The iP4s was my first iPhone so never been through this process before.

Thanks,
Bob

Apps not as much. You can re-install all your purchases using iTunes as backups do not carry over apps but they do carry over app data.

Assuming you're not looking to change any settings and you're simply carrying over your account from one phone to another, then yes, you won't need or see any changes, though you might have to log back into or confirm your credentials before you can use it on your phone again. But the integrity of your data will still be there.

Apps not as much. You can re-install all your purchases using iTunes as backups do not carry over apps but they do carry over app data.

Assuming you're not looking to change any settings and you're simply carrying over your account from one phone to another, then yes, you won't need or see any changes, though you might have to log back into or confirm your credentials before you can use it on your phone again. But the integrity of your data will still be there.

It was easier than that. I did a backup of the 4S. Connected the 5 and activated, restored the 4S backup to the 5. Then a normal sync put all my apps on the 5. Most all prefs for apps carried over, a few apps needed re-entry of credentials. All photo albums, movies, songs etc... were installed perfect. Love this ****!