What's new

Iphone5 synching

Dtut

Reaction score
Hi I'm a newbie on here. Can anyone tell me why iTunes is not synching all my music with my phone? I had an iPhone 4 up to a few months ago, tried another phone, now gone back with an iphone5. It's a 64GB so there's plenty of memory. I've tried loads of stuff, wireless synching, wired synching, manual synching, rebooting my phone etc but still no joy. I've not got a huge music collection, only 1230 tracks in total on iTunes but I'm over 200 short on my phone! Can anyone help???

Good luck with this! I have had this issue since September and I still don't know what the issue is. I have done all the same things but still have yet to find a consistent fix (Applecare is a waste of time, they don't know how to fix it either). I have a large music collection on my phone (over 7000 songs) and the only thing I have not tried is restoring to factory settings (I have tried restoring to back-up but still having the same issue). I just haven't found the time to a full restore yet. From what I can gather, it has to do with a bad music file/song on your iphone. Check the "on this iphone" tab in itunes and delete any that have a grey circle by the song then try syncing again. You may need to check the "manually manage music" box then uncheck again. Some people have had luck with this as well. All I know is that it has to be ios 7 related....my ipod 4G has no issues and I didn't have a single problem since I bought my iphone 5 when it came out but as soon as I upgraded to ios 7 the problems began. You do the math! Anyhow, good luck and let me know if you find a solution.

Hello. I have now sorted the issue!!! I don't know why or how it happened but it seems that the music I done loaded from Morpheus and limewire etc (approx 230 songs) had their location changed!! When I was in iTunes I noticed an exclamation mark next to one of the songs that weren't synched. I then double clicked on the song to open it. Then a dialogue box appeared saying something like, 'the location of this file has changed. Do you want iTunes to locate it'. I chose yes then a window opened with all the songs that weren't synched I then searched within this window for the song I tried to open and double clicked on it. Another dialogue box appeared, click on yes and the song now plays through iTunes AND the exclamation mark had diss appeared. I did this for a couple of songs then synched again and the songs were on my phone so I did it for all of them and synched again and now all is well and they are all there!! I too think it was IOS7!! Let me know how you get on. Good luck.