What's new

Iphone 4s restore issue, please help!

krf

Reaction score
I have an at&t iphone 4s that was unlocked with gevey ultra s for tmobile and jail broken with absinthe. It is running on 5.1.1. I had the phone for about a month with no issues, until one day I accidentally let the phone's battery die. Now it freezes every time it turns on and just keeps rebooting and freezing. If I power up the phone with the volume up button, I can access the phone so I can still play music and do simple tasks on the phone, but if i go on safari it will freeze. So i tried restoring it back to 5.1.1 and got error 3194, I fixed that error by running tiny umbrella while restoring but then I came across error 1600. I have tried alot of things but still havent been able for itunes to accept the restore, so I keep getting the error 1600. ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! THANKS!

It is impossible to restore your iPhone 4s to 5.1.1 as apple is no longer signing that firmware. Your only option is to restore to ios6 using iTunes

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

ok, so I should just restore normally to ios 6 and it should be fine? I know ill loose my jail break but whatever atleast the phone will work again.

Yeah just restore as a new device in iTunes and it should be as good as new.
Any problems just let me know and I will advise you further but you shouldn't have any problems by doing this.
I advise not to restore from a backup as there may be files left over from your previous jailbreak which could cause you more problems

will the gevey ultra s still work, Im having trouble getting service with it.

No your gevey sim won't work with ios6 as there is no support for it as far as I am aware

the only way to unlock it for tmobile would be a factory unlock?