What's new

iPhone 4S restore error

ryn

Reaction score
Hi,

I was recently encountering some problems with my jailbroken iPhone 4S (running 5.0.1).

The main problem was that the springboard decided to restart everytime I unlocked it or around 5-10 seconds after I unlocked it, so therefore I decided to restore.. however this has now seemed to be a bad idea as my phone is stuck in a reboot loop and I can only put it into recovery or DFU mode. I don't really know much about SHSH blobs, however I do have TinyUmbrella but when I try to save SHSH it says it cannot find any blobs. I'm guessing this is down to that fact that the phone is stuck in recovery etc. Although I have heard of people being able to retrive blobs from a device that is stuck.

I have tried editing the host files etc but no luck.
When I try to restore with iTunes I get this error: The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1600).
$Untitled.jpg

EDIT: I have also been receiving this error when trying to restore: "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194)."
$Untitled1.jpg

If anyone could shed some light it would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks!

Last edited:
Remove Tiny Umbrella.
Uninstall iTunes. Reboot your machine.
Use any PC Cleaner to clean your PC, if you use PC.
MAC, unsure. i use Advance System Care free.
Reinstall iTunes.
Try it...

Hope it help and keep us posted.

I solved the famous 4Digit error of 3194 with that method after several failed attempt to play with host and few other methods

1600 is a driver issue, 3194 is a host/incompatibility issue.

Make sure that you're using the proper IPSW that matches your device. Then remove an gs.apple.com lines from your host file and delete the host.umbrella file in the same directory on your computer as the host file if applicable. For 1600, uninstall the USB port drivers after unplugging your device, and reboot your computer. Make sure that iTunes is closed when doing both. Reboot your PC and re-try. If the USB driver doesn't work still, and reinstalling iTunes doesn't work, you'll need another computer to fix this, which is one of the more common and foolproof solutions to 160X errors.

Ok.. so now I have a different problem my phone gets half way through the restore process but then it gets to "Restoring iPhone firmware" and then gives me a -1 error.... any ideas?$Untitled3.jpg

-1 has a few possibilities. One is that your device is bricked. Two is that your device's baseband is higher than that of what the iOS you're trying to restore to "allows".

Make sure that your device is in DFU mode, DFU not recovery. Use the iOS 6.1.1 IPSW for the 4S, which is the latest iOS for the device and restore to that. Take the same precautions/prep work that did for the other trials