Reaction score
**iiPhone4 Restore error 1600*
  • My iPhone Details :
    • iPhone 4
    • Locked to UK Orange. Using Gevey SIM
    • Current IOS = IOS 5.0.1
  • Issue facing
    • iPhone stopped working one day.
    • Not switching ON anymore. Cant see the Apple Logo even if I try to switch it ON
    • I am able to put it on DFU mode using iREB. When I connect iTunes, I am getting iPhone Restore option
  • My Attempts to Resolve-Method 1
    • Downloaded IOS 5.0.1
    • Created a custom IPSW Using sn0wbreeze (to preserve baseband as I am using Gevey SIM based unlock)
    • Put the iPhone on Pawned DFU mode using iREB
    • iTUnes – Shift-Restore: Selected the ‘baseband preserved IPSW’.
    • Failed = Error 5***
  • My Attempts to Resolve-Method 2
    • tinyumbrella-6.14.00 : Started TSS server
    • Then followed the same above method.
    • Failed: Error Code 1600
  • My Attempts to Resolve-Method 3
    • Followed Method 1 & 2. Then
    • Downloded SHSHblob from Cydia for IOS 5.0.1using iFaith and Built a signed IPSW.
    • Then try to stitch the same SHSHblob using redsn0w
  • My Attempts to Resolve-Method 4
    • Tried to change the Windows / Mac Machines and USB cables.
  • Other Info (Might not be significant to my issue)
    • I can hear a 3 beep sound during the entire restore process and restore is always failing after the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] beep sound. I think these beep sounds are occurring when the iPhone USB is automatically getting connected and disconnected from my computer during the restore process.
    • iFaith: ‘Dumb SHSH Blobs’ option = Its not dumbing any SHSH Blob from my iPhone as it getting stuck at stage5 ‘Upload iBEC’ step
    • redsn0w-Extras-SHSH Blobs-‘Fetch’ :This option also not downloading any SHSH Blob as it Stuck at ‘Waiting for Reboot’ step
  • My Queries ???
    • AM I doing anything wrong here ?
    • Or there is no way to restore my iPhone using this process?
Would highly appreciate if someone could shed some lighet on this J Thanks in Advance.

1600 is a driver issue. Uninstall the USB driver and reboot your computer. If that doesn't fix it, remove iTunes, uninstall your USB driver, reboot, reinstall iTunes. If neither works, you'll need another computer

1600 is a driver issue. Uninstall the USB driver and reboot your computer. If that doesn't fix it, remove iTunes, uninstall your USB driver, reboot, reinstall iTunes. If neither works, you'll need another computer
I have already tried those metothods mate (Connected to Different USB ports, USB Driver /iTUnes resinstallation, tried differnt Computer/Macbook etc), But didnt help. :)

Try using RedSn0w's restore feature instead. You've been trying to stitch a custom IPSW and manually Pwned DFU-ing it.